This is a year of turmeric, work, leisure, and better sleep. By following these and some more health trends of this year, we can expect more mindfulness, more relaxation, and even more efficiency in our daily lives.
Read up on the food, fitness and wellness trends of 2018 which you should include in your lifestyle for achieving complete health –
- Stay Golden with Turmeric – This sunshine-yellow spice has a growing fan base due to its superfood qualities and multiple health benefits. Curcumin, the main active component in turmeric, has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore turmeric helps fight severe health conditions such as cancer and Alzheimer’s. It also reduces the signs of ageing. For treating severe health conditions, consider taking good quality turmeric supplements which provide about one to four grams of turmeric. This quantity is more than you would get in an average helping of curry.
- Vitamins for Vitality – Your body needs a constant supply of vitamins for proper nutrition. Some vitamins are now a part of every medicine cabinet. A more effective and natural way to increase vitality is also a hot trend of this year, i.e. vitamin-rich foods that you should include in your diets, such as foods which are high in some vitamins particularly Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) Oil – This cannabis plant extract is making some serious waves this year! CBD oil can be consumed orally as well as applied topically on the skin. CBD oil has major health benefits such as alleviating anxiety, treating epilepsy, relieving pain from injuries, sore muscles and period cramps, reducing all types of inflammation ranging from acne to brain inflammation, and boosting both sleep and mood.
- Natural Beauty – It appears that the mainstream beauty industry is adopting healthier habits this year. Green beauty is big business because there is a large focus on health and environment. Gone are the make-up heavy styles, and there is a mass move towards simplicity and embracing one’s natural features. This year, it’s going to be your real skin on display, so make it a point to invest in good quality skin care products and a healthy diet. Products free of harmful ingredients such as silicones, parabens, and sulphates are considered clean. Many beauty brands are coming up with products that fight environmental stressors that damage the skin. Examples of such elements are air conditioning, captive bacteria in confined areas, and the blue light from computer screens.
- Social Media Detoxes – Though technology and social media help you stay connected with the rest of the world, they have been facing appreciable resistance this year. The reason for this detachment from the digital world is that people who spend a lot of time on social media become stressed out and do not feel adequately socially fulfilled. People have realized that social media has hampered human interaction. Also, research has found that smartphone addiction can lead to increased drowsiness, anxiety and depression.
- Breathwork – This year, the new concept of breathwork is rising in popularity as an advanced alternative to meditation. As more and more people are striving to improve their relationship with their own minds and bodies, there has been a huge increase in demand for breathwork because of its effectiveness and accessibility. While meditation also relaxes the mind, it is not available in moments of stress. On the other hand, specific patterns of breathing can be used anytime and anywhere to reduce stress and provide positive mental energy. Conscious breathing activates the diaphragm, controls the nervous system, and ultimately controls the state of mind.
- High-Tech Sleep Science – This year, those sacred eight hours of sleep are being chased like never before! Adequate sleep is now regarded as a driver of success, and a lack of sleep as a contributor towards weight gain and anxiety. 2018 welcomes technology into the bedroom to actually improve the sleep quality! High-tech products such as digitized beds, smart mattresses, and sleep trackers create the optimal environment for you to sleep well.